U.S. Passport - Name Change


1 - Applicant must be in possession of a valid U.S. passport (and in good condition) that was issued less than 5 years ago.

2 - The passport was issued in the U.S.

3 - Applicant was at least 16 years old when the passport was issued (10-year validity).

4 - Proof of name change such as:

  • Certified marriage certificate
  • Certified divorce decree
  • Certified court order

5 - Printing or spelling error in the passport.

  • If the passport was issued less than a year ago, applicant does not need to pay for the passport book but must pay for the expedite fee of $60.00. Applicant must submit the current passport, DS-5504 form, the ORIGINAL documentation plus one new color passport photo.

  • If the passport was issued more than 1 year ago, applicant must use the DS-82 form.
Guideline for filling the application:

Requirements & Guideline for filling out the application:

  • The form must be filled out online and printed as a PDF file on single sided paper. This link will direct you to the passport application: https://pptform.state.gov/
  • For the option to choose the products and fees at the end of the form, applicant must choose the passport book ($110.00) and expedited fee ($60.00) = $170.00 (a personal check, money order or a cashier's check from a bank must be addressed to the US DEPARTMENT OF STATE). You must sign the application and date it.
  • Below is the sample picture for the DS-82:

                    - No glasses allowed. If you must wear glasses for medical reasons, you'll need to obtain and submit a signed statement with your passport from a medical professional or health practitioner. 

  • Two original copies of the letter of authorization <download letter of authorization> This letter must be filled out by the applicant with a pen (Black or Blue) as follows:

- Please check the first and the second box only.
- Then put Last, First, Middle name.
- Applicant’s phone number as shown in the printed application.
- Date must be the date you filled out the form: MM/DD/YYYY.
- Courier Company Name MUST MATCH THE LETTERHEAD as shown on top of the letter of authorization.

Letter of Auth

  •  A travel itinerary must be included with your documents or letter from your employer with the letterhead of the company addressed to the Passport Agency requesting an expedited process to obtain the passport in order to travel abroad or to obtain a visa (the letter must contain the full name of the applicant, the country of destination, earliest possible date of departure and must be signed by a senior staff or someone other than the applicant).
  • Send passport, 2 photos, application signed and dated, check or money order, flight itinerary or letter, letter of authorization filled out by hand (see the note above) to our office using FedEx, UPS, USPS:

Fees for U.S. Passport Service

10 Business Days Service Fee $100

7 Business Days Service Fee $150

3 Business Days Service Fee $200

2 Business Days Service Fee $300

NOTE: The U.S. Department of State fee for the passport book is $170. Visa Supply can pay this fee on your behalf. Just choose the appropriate service option below. 

*Please call us before placing an order for the 3 or 2 Business Days service

Copyright © 2019 Visa Supply LLC. All rights reserved.