U.S. Passport - Lost or Stolen


1 - Applicant lost the passport.

2 - Applicant lost the passport and the passport has expired less than 5 years ago, OR they are unsure.  

3 - Applicant is in possession of one of the following:

  • A long form certified birth certificate issued by the vital records office from the state they were born, OR
  • Certified birth record for the applicant if he or she was born abroad, OR
  • Naturalization Certificate, OR
  • An old, undamaged cancelled passport by the U.S. Passport Agency.
Guideline for filling the application:
  • The form must be filled out online and printed as a PDF file on single sided paper. This link will direct you to the passport application: https://pptform.state.gov/.  Please make 2 copies.
  • For the option to choose the products and fees at the end of the form, applicant must choose the passport book ($110.00) and expedite fee ($60.00) = $170.00. If the applicant is under the age of 16 years and needs a passport book only, choose ($80.00) and expedite fee ($60.00) = $140.00 (a personal check, money order or a cashier's check from a bank must be addressed to the US DEPARTMENT OF STATE), plus a $35.00 (cash, check, or money order) for the Authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility. This link will provide the applicant to the nearest acceptance facility: https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/
  • Applicant must report the lost or stolen passport by filling out form DS-64 (if the lost or stolen passport was issued more than 15 years ago, the DS-64 is not required).
  • Reminder: The applicant must indicate that his or her passport is lost or stolen when filling out the DS-11 form.
  • Below is the link for the DS-64:

              Sign and date it if the applicant is 18 years old or above, OR

  • The applicant is 16 or 17 years old, he or she must sign and date the DS-64 and one of the parents must sign, OR
  • The applicant is under the age of 16 years old, both parents or guardians must sign and date the DS-64.


 Do NOT sign this form until the applicant is verified by the Authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility.

 Below is the sample picture for the DS-11:


                    - No glasses allowed. If you must wear glasses for medical reasons, you'll need to obtain and submit a signed statement with your passport application from a medical professional or health practioner.   

  •  Two original copies of the letter of authorization <download letter of authorization> This letter must be filled out by the applicant with a pen (Black or Blue) as follows:

             - Please check the first and the second box only.
             - Then put Last, First, Middle name.
             - Applicant’s phone number as shown in the printed application.
             - Date must be the date you filled out the form: MM/DD/YYYY.
             - Courier Company Name MUST MATCH THE LETTERHEAD as shown on top of the letter of authorization.

Letter of Auth

- Both parents must sign the letter of authorization. If one of the parents is divorced, OR if one of the parents is deceased, then the applying parent (mother, father, full guardian) MUST provide a certified (not copy) of a divorce decree or death certificate.

  • A valid copy of a state issued ID or driver’s license (front and back).
  • If the applicant is 16 or 17, we need a copy of the ID of the applicant along with one of the parent’s ID.
  • If the applicant is under the age of 16, we need a copy of both parents’ state issued ID, driver’s license (front and back) or passport data page.
  • A travel itinerary must be included with your documents or letter from your employer with the letterhead of the company addressed to the Passport Agency requesting an expedited process to obtain the passport in order to travel abroad or to obtain a visa (the letter must contain the full name of the applicant, the country of destination, earliest possible date of departure and must be signed by a senior staff member or someone other than the applicant).
  • As the applicant gathers these documents (form DS-11, form DS-64, birth certificate, two photos, copy of ID, check for $170.00 addressed to the US DEPT OF STATE, copy of flight itinerary with his or her name on it or letter from employer), make sure to have a copy of DS-11 (unsigned) and letter of authorization signed and filled out according to above guidelines.
  • Do not sign the application until you appear with these documents at the authorized acceptance facility. This link will guide you to the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility: https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/. The government agent will seal the documents. As soon as the documents are sealed, attach a copy of the DS-11 unsigned and one copy of the letter of authorization (fully and properly filled out) to the sealed envelope and ship them to the address provided by your contact person at Visa Supply. 
Fees for U.S. Passport Service

10 Business Days Service Fee $100

7 Business Days Service Fee $150

3 Business Days Service Fee $200

2 Business Days Service Fee $300

REMINDER: Applicants must also pay the government fees below (by personal check, money order or a cashier's check from a bank) addressed to the US DEPARTMENT OF STATE (as mentioned above in Guideline for filling the application):

  • US Department of State fee for a passport book of adult over 16 years old is $170
  • US Department of State fee for a passport book of minor under 16 years old is $140

*Please call us before placing an order for the 3 or 2 Business Days service

Copyright © 2019 Visa Supply LLC. All rights reserved.