U.S. Passport - Child

U.S. Passport of a Minor (Child) under the age of 16 years old


1 - Have a certified birth certificate issued by the vital records office from the state in the US they were born (must show the name of the parents and the state they were born), OR

2 - Applicant is under the age of 16 years old and was born abroad (in possession of the certificate of the consulate report of birth abroad) it’s known as CRBA, OR

3 - Applicant must be under the age of 16 years old but adopted or born abroad and has all the necessary paperwork (call us for details). One or both parents are US citizens. All documents must be original or certified copies by the issuing authorities.

4 - If the child already has a passport but is expired or is going to expire, please submit with one of the above document(s).

All document(s) must be original or certified copies by the issuing authorities.

Guideline for filling the application:
  • The form must be filled out online and printed as a PDF file on single sided paper. This link will direct you to the passport application: https://pptform.state.gov/.  Please make two copies.
  • For the option to choose the products and fees at the end of the form, applicant must choose the passport book ($80.00) and expedited fee ($60.00) = $140.00 (a personal check, money order or a cashier's check from a bank or the parents’ check must be addressed to the US DEPARTMENT OF STATE), plus a $35.00 (cash, check, or money order) for the Authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility.  This link will provide the applicant to the nearest acceptance facility: https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/
  • Do NOT sign this form until the applicant along with both parents are verified by the Authorized Passport Application Acceptance Facility.

Below is a sample picture for the DS-11:


                    - No glasses allowed. If you must wear glasses for medical reasons, you'll need to obtain and submit a signed statement with your passport application from a medical professional or health practioner.   

  • Two original copies of the letter of authorization <download letter of authorization> This letter must be filled out by the applicant with a pen (Black or Blue) as follows:

            - Please check the first and the second box only.
            - Then put Last, First, Middle name.
            - Applicant’s phone number as shown in the printed application.
            - Date must be the date you filled out the form: MM/DD/YYYY.
            - Courier Company Name MUST MATCH THE LETTERHEAD as shown on top of the letter of authorization.

Letter of Auth

- Both parents must sign the letter of authorization. If one of the parents is divorced, OR if one of the parents is deceased, then the applying parent (mother, father, full guardian) MUST provide a certified (not copy) of a divorce decree or death certificate.

If one of the parents can’t be present at the time of verification, he or she must fill out the DS-3053 statement of consent in conjunction with the DS-11. This link below will provide you with the form: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/212243.pdf  

This form must be filled out and notarized by a notary public. The parent must have his or her ID during the notarization.

  • A valid copy of a state issued ID or driver’s license of the parents (front and back).
  • A copy of the flight itinerary for the parents and the child.
  • As the parents gather these documents (application DS-11, birth certificate, two photos, copy of ID, check for $140.00 addressed to the US DEPT OF STATE, copy of flight itinerary with his or her name on it), make sure to have a copy of DS-11 (unsigned) and letter of authorization signed and filled out according to above guidelines.
  • Do not sign the application until the child and parent(s) appear with these documents at the authorized acceptance facility. This link will guide you to the nearest Passport Acceptance Facility: https://iafdb.travel.state.gov/. The agent will seal the documents. As soon as the documents are sealed, attach a copy of the DS-11 unsigned and one copy of the letter of authorization (fully and properly filled out) to the sealed envelope and ship them to the address provided by your contact person at Visa Supply. 
Fees for U.S. Passport Service

10 Business Days Service Fee $100

7 Business Days Service Fee $150

3 Business Days Service Fee $200

2 Business Days Service Fee $300

REMINDER: Applicants must also pay the government $140 passport book fee (by personal check, money order or a cashier's check from a bank) addressed to the US DEPARTMENT OF STATE (as mentioned above in Guideline for filling the application).

*Please call us before placing an order for the 3 or 2 Business Days service

Copyright © 2019 Visa Supply LLC. All rights reserved.