Brazil Business Visa (Houston)
Houston Jurisdiction: Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas
1 - Passport Submit the original (signed) passport and make sure it has empty visa pages (the last two amendment pages do not count as a visa pages) and will not expire within 6 months from the date of departure.
- All foreign Nationals residing in the U.S. must submit a copy of the Green Card or Work Visa with the passport.
2 - Two color passport size photos Must be taken within last 6 months. See link for guidelines: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photo-composition-template.html
3 - Visa application Below is the link for the English version to start the application: https://formulario-mre.serpro.gov.br/sci/pages/web/pacomPasesWebInicial.jsf
4 - NOTARIZED Copy of a valid driver license OR state issued ID If you don’t have those, please provide a NOTARIZED copy of one of your utility bills, such as electrical, water or a lease for the house or apartment as proof of your residency.
5 - Copy of round-trip ticket, booked itinerary (reservation) or letter from a travel agent The document must contain the following information: the applicant’s name, complete itinerary, flight number and arrival/departure dates and reservation code provided by the airline company.
6 - Original and NOTARIZED Letter from the applicant’s Original Notarized Business Letter from the employer or sponsoring company in the USA, on company letterhead and signed by a senior manager (original signature acknowledged by a notary public) stating the following information:
- Nature of business, address and phone number of the U.S. company.
- Title, phone number and email of the Senior Manager of the U.S. company signing the letter in case the Consulate needs additional information.
- Applicant’s title and/or functions with the U.S. company.
- Detailed information concerning nature of business and activities to be conducted in Brazil.
- Responsibility of the U.S. company that: "The applicant(name) will not be pursuing any activities that are incompatible with a business visa (such as paid work, technical assistance or technical training) during his/her stay in Brazil".
- Name(s) and address(es) of Brazilian company(ies) with which applicant is going to deal/negotiate with.
- Name(s) of person(s) to be contacted in Brazil, phone number(s) and his/her/their functions with the Brazilian company(ies).
- Expected travel dates of trip to Brazil.
- Responsibility of the U.S. company for applicant's stay in Brazil and his/her return to the country of origin.
NOTE: business letters MUST HAVE ALL of the above mentioned information.
Business letters missing any of the required information and/or without original signature WILL NOT be accepted and therefore visa application WILL NOT be processed.
The link for the visa application:
Start filling out the application step by step as required. Please look over the instructions and have all your documents ready before filling out the application.
When you reach the last page, for the Biometric Data and Scanned Documents, just upload the picture and the signature only. You may encounter difficulties during the uploading of the photo and signature. Only JPG/JPEG, GIF and PNG files are accepted, with minimum dimensions of 431 X 531 pixels for photo and minimum dimensions of the signature is 420 X 420 pixels. The file shall not have more than 300KB. In such instances, just upload any file you want and we will edit it when we receive your documents. We will upload the other documents when we receive them. Make sure to add the checkmark before you finish the application:
☑ I hereby declare that the information included in the form is true.
As soon as you print the application, sign and mail it to us with the rest of the documents.
Below is a sample of the visa application:
$160 For US passport holder. Visa validity up to 10 years. 8 business days at the Consulate.
Service Fee $150.
$160 For US passport holder. Visa validity up to 10 years. 2 business days at the Consulate.
Service Fee $400.