Cameroon Tourist Visa
1 - Passport Submit the original (signed) passport and make sure it has empty visa pages (the last two amendment pages do not count as a visa pages) and will not expire within 6 months from the date of departure.
- All foreign Nationals residing in the U.S. must submit a copy of the Green Card or Work Visa with the passport.
2 - Two color passport size photos Must be taken within last 6 months. See link for guidelines: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photo-composition-template.html
3 - Application (Two applications are required per applicant) Please click on link below:
4 - Copy of a flight itinerary
5 - Recent bank statement
6 - Proof of hotel reservation Valid for the expected duration of stay (3) months or less (no invitation letter needed if the applicant is of Cameroonian origin) If the applicant is invited by a Cameroonian person or entity, they must submit a legalized letter of invitation from the inviting party.
7 - Copy of the vaccination certificate showing proof of yellow fever immunization
For all Naturalized U.S. Citizens born in Cameroon, they must surrender their former Cameroonian Passport.
MINORS TRAVELING TO CAMEROON:
In addition to all previously mentioned requirements, the following documents are needed:
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Notarized letter of support jointly signed by both parents or legal guardians agreeing with the trip and specifying who will be traveling with the child. If only the mother’s name appears on the birth certificate, she alone may submit the required documentation.
- If parents or guardians are Cameroonians, please provide photocopies of passports identification and validity page, accompanied by photocopies of their most recent U.S. visa, or photocopies of immigration document(s) attesting of their residency status in the U.S. (e.g. green card, I-20 form for students, any set of documents justifying that a procedure of adjustment of status is in progress).
- If parents or guardians are not Cameroonians, provide photocopies of passport pages bearing photo and validity information.
- This also applies to any third party taking a child to Cameroon on behalf of the parents; meaning that the third party must comply with requirements to provide the following: a notarized letter of acknowledgement where they confirm their agreement to accompany an under-aged traveler to Cameroon on behalf of the parent(s) or legal guardian(s), their identification documentation and proof of status as previously stipulated. Notes regarding minors traveling to Cameroon.
- When it is in fact legal guardians submitting the required authorizations, instead of the birth parents (whose names are mentioned on the child’s birth certificate), photocopies of any available official documents assigning guardianship must be attached to the child’s visa application; failure to comply with this requirement will result in the rejection of the visa application.
- If one or both parents or legal guardians are NOT physically present in the United States at the time when the child’s visa application is submitted, then follow these instructions: If parents or legal guardians are in Cameroon, provide a legalized letter of authorization to obtain a Cameroonian visa for the child and travel to Cameroon with whomever is authorized to travel with the child; the letter should be signed by the parents or legal guardians and legalized by Cameroonian Immigration, Police or competent Administrative Authorities and certified true copies of the parents or legal guardians Cameroonian National Identity Cards, if parents or legal guardians are neither in the United States nor in Cameroon: the documents mentioned in the previous section (namely “if parents or legal guardians are in Cameroon”) including the authorization letter and the passport copies must be legalized at the nearest Cameroonian Embassy or Consulate.
Visa Fee for Tourist/Private Visit:
Consulate fee $93 for 3 months max stay 30 days single/multiple entry.
Consulate fee $184 for 6 months max stay 30 days single/multiple entry.
10 Business days at the Consulate, Service fee $90